Jan Thompson, CPC, ELI-MP
I am a Certified Professional Business Coach, Public Speaker, and graduate of one of the most rigorous coaching schools in the country: Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (IPEC.) Prior to coaching, I spent many years managing Digital Marketing projects for large Ad Agencies such as Ogilvy, BBDO and Deutsch, as well as consulting directly for companies such as The Food Network and Estée Lauder.
Coaching is a great step for someone who is ready to take their life and business to the next level of excellence. My approach has been described as both fun and inspirational, and is geared towards CEO/Solopreneurs who aren't afraid of a little inner and outer exploration. Besides the tactical steps you need to succeed, we may explore the energy you are bringing to your tasks or further delve into your vision to get a clear picture of what you are creating. I believe in life by design and resonating at the level of what we want to attract.
Besides being a certified coach, I have trained in Humanistic Neuro Linguistic Psychology (HNLP), and am a member of The National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH.) So if you have fear of flying more than just your business, I'm a great co-pilot!
Here’s what some of my clients have to say about working with me:
"I've made more leaps and bounds in the last few weeks than in my entire business career. Every day I've been able to apply something that Jan has taught me and have more than tripled my income since working with Jan."
- Daphnie Yang, Creator of HIIT IT, New York's High Intensity Interval Training Technique.
"Leveraging my years of experience as a Midwife and teacher, Jan helped me add an entirely new revenue stream to my business. I still love helping to deliver babies, but my mentoring and concierge services have allowed me the success and freedom that I had been wanting, in addition to adding a valuable service to the community. I can truly say I would not have done this without Jan helping to conceptualize my dream and slay the fear demons in my path. I strongly suggest you work with her if you want to improve your business and your life."
- Stephanie H, Owner, The New York Doula
"After 15 years moving up the corporate ladder in financial leadership positions I realized my true passion was starting my own business. My left brain was overworked and my right brain was craving some attention - I needed help and Jan was instrumental in getting my creative juices flowing again. Her energy is infectious, she is thoughtful in her approach, and was a fantastic partner to get me moving."
- Lori S, Owner "Strategize That"
(Former VP at Goldman Sachs)
What is Coaching?
- Coaches offer expertise in many areas and help "guide" the client, like a railing on a stair case, but the client must take the steps.
- Coaches empower the individual to find their own answers*, and to "own" the solution.
- Coaches hold their clients in the highest regard and respect, without judgment. This allows the client to remember their own value, and get in touch with their creative genius.
- Coaches may encourage you to try something new that is out of your comfort zone
- Coaches will always ask powerful questions that get you to the route of the issue and moving in the direction you want to go.
- Coaches may give homework, but they always need your buy-in since you're the one doing the work.
- Coaches will help you set and reach realistic goals.
- They will hold you accountable for what you say you will do.
- They will call upon your highest integrity, expecting you to show up for yourself and others in ways you might not have done in the past.
- Want to read more about powerful framesets for success?
- Click here to read about my 8 step process.
*I will also act as a consultant on matters requiring certain knowledge or strategic brainstorming.